DualShockers Incubation Programme
Do you want to level up the skills and experience you already have but find it hard getting your foot in the door? Bursting with ideas and unique stories surrounding games but need to be given a chance to show them off and in return, receive help and support needed to progress? We are looking for passionate people with creative minds who can express themselves in an interesting way through writing to join us. In this program, people will get the chance to take their previous skills in game journalism and apply it to further their careers in the industry.
GRV Media is one of the UK’s largest independent media companies, with over 120 website and YouTube content producers.
The company’s flagship gaming website, DualShockers, is inviting those with some previous experience a place where they can grow and establish themselves in a forward-thinking and creative environment. Possible permanent positions are available for those who can demonstrate originality, a good work ethic and ability.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Some previous experience in game journalism is essential. Even if it was for a short period of time, please attach any work to your CV/resume.
- A high creative flair with an imagination to match
- The ability to take a standard piece of news and make it stand out against the rest by giving it a unique twist - digging into the story more and offering a different perspective.
- A flexible approach to gaming topics including a wide interest in gaming culture
- Able to demonstrate their passion for games
- A positive attitude, can-do mentality and a willingness to learn
And who are:
- Self-driven and not afraid to bring fresh and innovative ideas to the table
- Able to maintain strong time management skills
- Can ‘think outside the box’ when it comes to writing articles
- Driven to produce interesting, engaging and interesting content
- Committed to producing a minimum of 30 articles a month that cover unique news articles, thought-provoking listicles, engaging features, reviews and other aspects of games journalism.
What we offer:
- A paid programme for 1-3 months (this isn’t a full-time position)
- Commitment to supporting those that show passion to reach their full potential
- A positive focused and friendly working environment
- The opportunity to become a full-time staff member based on performance
- This is a work-from-home role, and we are happy to receive applications from any part of the globe.