Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Discord's mission is to bring people together around games. Tens of millions of people use Discord everyday to have meaningful interactions, whether that's playing their favorite games together, discussing the latest news on topics they care about, or just hanging out in their shared server space. Over 300 million people have signed up for Discord and we strive to continue building a product and place that connect people.
The Machine Learning Team at Discord is focused on creating a state-of-the-art Machine Learning platform that helps Discord scale and become intelligent. We use data-driven approaches, closely follow the latest research and apply ML techniques to unlock new possibilities within areas such as trust and safety, user engagement, and revenue growth.
What you'll be doing
- Build the machine learning platform that empowers our Data Science and Product Engineering teams, powering product features used by millions of users every day.
- Work closely with Data Science and Product Engineering teams to develop and deploy models to production environments.
- Build efficient solutions on top of Google Cloud Platform using Python, Scala, and Rust.
What you should have
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- 8+ years professional experience , or Ph.D in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other highly quantitative fields.
- Extensive experience leading complex technical projects with successful outcomes
- Experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with languages used for Machine Learning experiment/implementation such as Python and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Experience with machine learning paradigms and application of them into areas such as Text Classification, Semantic Modeling, Ranking and Personalization.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions — and then evolve and generalize them.
- You can take a high-level goal and achieve a shippable solution.
- Experience with open source and managed big data services like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Cassandra/Scylla, Hadoop
- Experience with data products on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Kubernetes + Docker
- Experience with Airflow
- Can write some real good SQL