Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to hang out and talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities are our users. The Growth team at Discord acquires, onboarding, and helps each user to find a community and friends, learn how to use the product, and create their own communities. The Growth team brings Discord to the next billion people around the world.
What You'll Be Doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that improve registration and sign-in growth at Discord.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with our other Growth squads to create a connected vision for users' first impressions on Discord.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Communities, Creator Ecosystems, Bots, and more.
- Empathize with dozens of personas and use-cases, and think international-first.
You'll Thrive in This Role If...
- Ability to thrive and be excited about finding solutions to complex problems and executing on them.
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 2+ years of experience focused on high-scale growth problems.
- Proven track record of impact in solving growth problems.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Technical proficiency and effectiveness working with engineers.
- Product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping and empowering others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Experience working on international growth or monetization problems.
(New York City only*) Minimum salary of $165,000/year + equity and benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $148,500/year + equity and benefits *Note:
Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!