Performance Coach (Sweden)
The performance Coach's role is to develop performance programs in conjunction with the Head Coach and instruct our athletes in the necessary areas to realize individual and team success. The coach should be expected to provide a foundation for integrity, pride of accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork, and self-confidence. The role focuses primarily on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but will also hold sessions with other teams.
The role focuses on the mental performance aspect of competition and the physical health and wellbeing of the athletes themselves. This position reports to the Director of Esports.
- Develop conditioning programs that address the demands of esports.
- Provide direct instruction to all athletes and provide assessment and documentation tools to assure proper explanation on training techniques.
- Conduct orientation sessions for all teams by explaining/demonstrating physical training modalities for each varsity program.
- Responsible for continuous reporting of athletes’ status on a routine basis.
- Regularly meet with athletes to discuss their mental state and help them reach optimal performance.
- Support and communicate with team staff athlete needs.
- Provide educational support regarding nutritional and supplemental products and reinforce a drug-free environment following FDA recommendations of RL and CSGO Tournament organizers guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with the coaching staff to implement all aspects of training, including scheduling, technique training, supervision, and goal setting.
- Recommend facility upgrades and improvements, including the recommendation to purchase equipment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Fluent in Swedish, with a strong grasp of the English language
- The ideal candidate has a BS in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Physical Education, Health Sciences, or Athletic Training and/or current accredited certification as a Personal Trainer or Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
- Current CSCS certification is preferred but not required.
- Passion for training, esports + gaming, and performance enhancement is a MUST.
- Previous athlete training experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-confident, resilient, and enthusiastic.
- Flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within the company.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use the utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks.
- Minimal travel required (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed remotely in the European timezone. Still, attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter answering: What is your proudest achievement?