Technical Game Analyst
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Technical Game Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring technical quality and playability of Digital Extremes’ games through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members. You will need to take a proactive, problem-solving approach to identify and solve game problems. You will be a passionate game player with interests in many different genres of games. You will have extreme familiarity with all aspects of software verification including functionality, performance, gameplay, Xbox TCRs, Sony TRCs, load, soak and system testing. Previous experience in a similar field would be a definite asset.
- Ensure technical quality and playability of Digital Extremes’ games through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members
- Take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving game problems; not stopping at identifying the problem, but experiment using available information to try to narrow the possibilities and determine a suggested solution
- Document, troubleshoot and isolate issues encountered during testing utilizing internal bug database system and providing accurate and detailed reproduction steps including visuals if possible and/or other required regression information
- Assist with focus testing sessions and provide summary reports
- Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive QA test plans and cases
- Assist in the generation and implementation of procedures for more effective and efficient testing of company products
- Assist with testing of internal development tools
- Contribute to a positive work environment by getting involved with all departments of the team, understanding their roles and interacting with the team on a regular basis to help gain a rounded perspective of the project
- Extremely familiar with all aspects of software verification including: functionality, performance, gameplay, Xbox TCRs, Sony TRCs, load, soak and system testing
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability, in addition to honesty, punctuality and strong work ethic
- Avid to hard-core game player with interests in many different genres of games. Must play games on a regular basis and be familiar with the latest games, preferably on a wide variety of platforms to help provide insightful feedback of competitive products
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Tester / Technical Game Analyst in a similar field would be a definite asset
- Working knowledge of most popular console platforms, Windows operating systems and related hardware as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to work above and beyond the call of duty
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.