ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Digital Artist to create unique, high-end, high-impact art. This Individual prides themselves on thinking creatively and having a keen attention to detail. They are passionate about video games, and can tell a story through digital art pieces that interest and excite players.
- Create compelling marketing artwork with exceptional design and layout
- Translate creative goals and objectives from the marketing team into effective promotional artwork
- Use Warframe’s Captura system and the Evolution Engine to create digital art
- Compose, retouch and add Post -FX using digital art software
- Come up with creative solutions to achieve the objectives of promotional artwork using limited resources and sometimes unfinished in-game assets
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details
- 1+ Years of relevant experience
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within digital assets
- Basic knowledge of principles of design and colour theory, camera angles, lighting, and composition
- Proficient with 2D digital software (Ex. Adobe Photoshop)
- Design and layout Experience
- Basic knowledge of 3D rendering software
- Can work fast to tight deadlines with quality end results
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Experience with Photo Bashing is a plus
- Familiarity with game engines (like Unreal or Unity) is a plus
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Employee recognition program to celebrate personal success through an online platform
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.