Level Artist (12 Month Contract)
Requisition Number: 163901
Temporary contract 12 months.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our four guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right people for the job. With the next challenge on the horizon we want to expand our Level Art team. We're looking for Level Artists to join our team of content creators and create our in-game worlds for the future.
The DICE Level Art team works together with other disciplines, such as level designers, concept artists and art directors to create the best possible experience in our games. As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which in the Level Artists team translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both inside and outside of the team. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
Level Artists are part of the whole process of level creation, from concept, layout and all the way to placing small props and rocks. You pull in 3D props and architecture built by 3D, lighting and VFX artists to bring the level to life. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead Level Artist in your project, meeting to review your work and discuss progress about project deliveries.
- Create worlds, maps and large-scale environments.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other other artists in your team to guarantee that it works as intended.
- Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
- Help develop future tools. Engage with the level designers, lighters and 3D art teams and share knowledge and best practices.
- Check and optimize the performance aspects of the work.
- Ensure that the map is playable.
- You have great artistic qualities, and an excellent eye for interpreting reference and concept art. You have a solid appreciation and understanding of how things work in real-life, and a broad understanding of technical aspects. You are efficient and mindful of memory and performance constraints.
- 2+ years of experience as a Level Artist in the video games industry.
- Proficient in current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Photoshop and Houdini.
- Documented experience creating assets and environments using photogrammetry in real-time game engines, such as Frostbite or Unreal.
- You put passion into everything you do, with excellent skills in communication and team collaboration.
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.
Good for you to know:
This is a one-year contract and only applicants with a portfolio will be considered. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.