(Closed) US Call of Duty Esports Writer
Dexerto is looking for a talented full-time Call of Duty writer based in North America, able to work PST hours.
You will be expected to find and write compelling news stories about Call of Duty esports, from roster changes and interviews through to game updates and issues. You will also have to use your writing skills to craft and share engaging social media posts about the stories that you write for the website.
We welcome individuality, but you need to able to write according to Dexerto’s style guide and be willing to accept feedback. While you will be working remotely, you will be working as part of a team of writers based all around the world, so communication skills, the ability to accept feedback and share ideas is important.
As well as writing news stories, you may also be asked to contribute features to Dexerto. Some knowledge of SEO and social media is also desirable. Basic photoshop skills are also desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Call of Duty esports scene and its current trends
- A snappy and compelling writing style
- Able to write to short deadlines under pressure
- Have a keen attention to detail – can spot grammatical errors and fact check.
- Creative ability – able think of feature ideas and suggest news stories that will resonate with our audience
- Adaptable – is able to write about a variety of topics, including occasional stories about Twitch streamers
- Personable with good communication skills
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Is confident with social media
- SEO knowledge desirable but not essential
- Able to work full-time hours (40) without other education or job commitments
- Be committed to good time management
- Own computing equipment that can run Photoshop and be able to use it competently
- Experience with content management systems is desirable
- Is ambitious with a drive to learn and improve
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus opportunities
- Benefits from Dexerto partners
- Future opportunities within a fast growing business
- Work remotely
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ AND DO THIS
Submit your resume with a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role. We would like to see links to your previous work if possible, as well as a 350 word news article (linked via Google Docs or similar) on a big current news story in the Call of Duty esports world. The story must appeal to Dexerto’s audience and be written in the style of our content. We would also like one feature idea that you think would resonate with our audience. If you don’t have links to previously published work, not to worry, but please send two news stories about different esports. You must do these tasks or you will not be considered for the role.