For more than 15 years at Deep Silver FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
- Design and develop systems and mechanics for a 3rd person shooter’s combat and action gameplay
- Prototype, iterate and balance enemies, player abilities, weapons, and finetune the overall combat feel. Drive their development from early conception to final polish
- Work with design leadership and create engaging and varied combat scenarios
- Collaborate with other design disciplines to intertwine content and action systems for a cohesive gameplay experience
- Create design documents and communicate clearly to all disciplines you’re collaborating with
- Proactively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Work as part of a collaborative group and help to identify opportunities to push the overall gameplay quality
- Excellent understanding of combat design fundamentals: Moment-to-moment gameplay, combat rules, pacing, player controls, camera, shooter mechanics, enemy designs, weapons, and abilities
- High level of comfort working with Unreal Engine’s Blueprint and AI systems
- Ability to iterate and rapidly prototype gameplay
- Understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong capacity for teamwork and a drive to achieve things on your own
- Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication, data organization skills, and feeling comfortable pitching ideas and designs to team members and external departments
- Good level of written/spoken English
- Professional experience as Combat Designer on at least one shipped AA/AAA title
- PLUS: Animation experience
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Get In Touch!
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click on the button below and apply by uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well.