Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team at the technical core of an organization that’s completely reshaping how distributed applications on blockchains can reach massive audiences.
We depend on SRE's ability to both architect, build, and iterate on resilient, scalable systems, and also to guide the rest of the engineering team.
You’ll join our highly motivated team and help us launch reliable products and services with your experience and skills. You’ll play a key role in improving our in-house systems and you’ll work closely with Engineering as a whole to research and apply the latest and greatest technology to our stack. You’ll be empowered to fully apply your experience, lessons learned, and leadership skills in an environment with little tech debt, no on-prem servers, and a strong foundation based on GKE. Every day, you’ll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Develop effective infrastructure for our projects to deploy onto, ensuring projects are scalable, resilient, and reliable in support of growing products.
- Iterate on processes to improve our ability to ship fast while maintaining high quality systems that we can depend on.
- Enhance tools and automation to fill the gaps in our current systems as well as build entirely new ones as we face bigger and more complex challenges.
- Respond to infrastructure incidents and support the larger Engineering team with their product incident response strategy.
- Perform postmortems and in-depth root cause analysis to ensure we are always improving.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
More about Dapper Labs:
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!