DevOps Engineer (Multiple Locations)
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- London, United Kingdom
- Munich, Germany
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Novi Sad, Serbia
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
3Lateral and Cubic Motion as part of Epic Games and are working on creating digital humans, for Epics MetaHuman tool as well as working with key strategic partners delivering content for AAA games and special projects. The underlying pipeline for these efforts requires a huge amount of data and processing power, all wrapped up in a next-get production management system. As part of the Pipeline team, you will help us deliver the Pipeline, at scale to all those in the team in multiple locations.
In this role, you will
- Implementing a large cross-cloud and on-premise resilient infrastructure to allow for global coverage across Epic sites.
- Work closely with the Pipeline team, Deploying and maintaining products, services, and network components with a focus on security, reliability, and zero downtime
- Managing both cloud-based & on-prem infrastructure (AWS, EC2) with IaC (Terraform) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Automating and streamlining existing processes to aid the development team
- Involved in planning and design meetings, helping align the product to Epic best practice.
- Code reviews of other team members
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in Linux (Alpine/Ubuntu), Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (ecosystem), Jenkins, Helm, IAC.
- AWS DevOps Engineer or AWS Solutions Architect certified.
- Knowledge of any of RabbitMQ, EMS, Kafka, MongoDB/Stitch
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment processes and working on both greenfield and existing architectures (including strong Git, GitHub experience)
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
- Passion for gaming
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.