Senior Systems Programmer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Systems Programmer to work on HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains game technology development - working closely with the Department Leads to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy and support specific technologies for the game platform. Areas covered include but are not limited to performance monitoring and optimization, pipeline/tools/delivery sytems, hardware abstractions, core-systems maintenance etc. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)
- Improve, develop and take ownership for systems for our games.
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the systems.
- Contribute to product code-base in multiple domains.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Optimization and debugging across multiple platforms (Console, PC...).
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 5+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals (memory subsystems, CPU/GPU architecture etc.).
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Having worked with games or other real-time systems.
- Proficiency with multi-threading and parallel algorithms.
- Experience with game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!