Crytek is looking for a Gameplay Network Programmer to support the HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
- Develop and maintain low level networking system.
- Responsible for profiling and optimizing existing systems.
- Take active part in design, development and documentation of new features. Contributing to development goals as part of a passionate team.
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the game
- Give work estimates and prioritize tasks in collaboration with peers and project management
- Passionate about high performance network techniques and systems.
- Gather and incorporate feedback to meet the needs of artists and designers
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 3+ years of professional network programming experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with TCP & UDP network protocols, familiar with NAT traversal, packet routing, OSI model
- Past experience on network-related features for a shipped multiplayer title
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE
- Team player and self driven
- Willing to learn
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!