Hard Surface Artist
Crytek is looking for a 3D Artist with a heavy focus on hard surface, to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
***Portfolio link that shows sample work is necessary.***
- Work with the Lead 3D Artist and the Game Director to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of weapons and hard surface assets
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and animators
- Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results
- Coordinate with other studio groups including animation, tech-art, game-design and production to achieve project objectives
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- At least 2 years’ experience in professional game development
- Strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games
- Strong knowledge of 3dsmax, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Heavy focus on photorealistic art and hard surface high poly modeling.
- Heavy focus on photorealistic texturing & material definition in a PBR Pipeline
- Keen eye for detail and realism
- Ability to derive an efficient, well structured, lowpoly model from the high poly model
- Understanding of efficient UV layout for lowpoly objects
- Understanding of the normal map creation process and PBR Pipeline
- A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the above
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!