Senior Player Designer
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 25+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from and has established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a Senior Player Designer to join our Player and Enemy team. The Senior Player Designer will work closely with the Design Director to document all game systems focusing on core character movement and combat mechanics, control schemes, aiming systems, gameplay camera behaviors, and player feedback, and then iterate with other disciplines to create ‘AAA’ quality experiences. Benefits for this permanent, full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
- Work with creative leadership to prototype, build, and ultimately own the moment-to-moment player control experience
- Directly manage a mixed discipline team to achieve results
- Focus on base player movement, as well as advanced traversal mechanics
- Design, iterate, and tune ranged combat systems and input mapping schemes
- Engage and respond with playtest feedback to iterate and improve the experience
- Coordinate with content teams to ensure player and enemy mechanics are leveraged properly
- Work with Production to manage the scope of the game
- 4-6 years experience as a Senior or Lead designer on a shipped AAA title focusing on player/combat design
- Minimum 1-2 shipped AAA titles
- Strong passion and understanding of the combination of systems and tuning that make a game “feel” good
- Experience designing and documenting ranged weapon systems
- Experience communicating with other gaming disciplines (e.g., art, programming, audio).
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer