Senior Automation Programmer
The Creative Assembly Sofia team is looking for an experienced programmer for a large and diverse development team situated in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Core Technology Team are currently driving the future of the tools and technology on which our games are made. As a team, we are transitioning to deliver our games, and core technology platform, with a software as a service approach. As such we need someone to drive forward our unit and automated testing approaches, helping to ensure stability for the games we are building.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test and automation activities across our total war team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be involved in developing frameworks, tests, and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling, and service monitoring
- You will have the opportunity to define our testing practices and have the potential to take on leadership responsibilities in future
- Implement tests and guide others in the development of tests for the Total War franchise, as we enact our transition to a service-based development methodology
- Be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- Have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a software as a service environment
- You will drive synergy between manual QA, automation, and technical test development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong technical skills with a high level of C++ and at least one high-level language (eg C#)
- Good understanding of tools automation testing
- Experience with source control (e.g., perforce)
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Familiarity with game development and the technology involved
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owner(s), technical leads, developers, and design teams to ensure the testing of new features runs smoothly
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments (Aws, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Experience with the QT framework
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g., Jenkins/Teamcity
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Avid gamer
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.