Senior Social Media Manager
About Code Red Esports:
Code Red Esports is a leading global esports agency, with multiple nominations for Best Supporting Agency at the Esports Awards and a roster of major influencers, commentators, hosts and analysts. Working solely within the esports and wider video gaming industry, we are passionate about providing tailored, market-leading solutions to our clients.
Code Red provides a number of services ranging across consultancy, commercial rights brokerage, marketing and project management services, and the management of our roster of leading talent. Alongside management that has extensive expertise and a deep-rooted history in the sector, the Code Red team is comprised of individuals who care deeply about the industry and are driven to deliver outstanding results.
Within social media, we provide our acclaimed clients with complete community management services – from drawing up strategy through to executing and delivering great, relevant content.
Part of the GameSquare Esports group, this is an excellent opportunity to join and grow with a young, dynamic company during an exciting period of growth, working with industry leaders on globally renowned clients.
Code Red requires an experienced Social Media Manager to become ingrained in and grow with our agency. Working alongside our creative team, your work will include the day-to-day management of our clients’ social media channels, creative ideation and copywriting, strategy development, tracking campaign performance, data analysis, briefing and contracting our graphic designers, and providing key account management services to our clients. You will also contribute creative ideas to marketing services pitches, provide wider creative input around our clients’ campaigns, work with our paid media team on paid social initiatives. Additionally, you will be involved in the marketing of Code Red, particularly managing and growing our social channels.
Because we’re a growing company, things are often changing so your work will be varied.
The position is Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm, however due to the nature of the clients we work with within the esports sector, there is sometimes a need to support our teams out of hours during major events.
Reporting to the Head of Campaign Management, this role is available for remote working within the United Kingdom, with a monthly 3-4 day hotdesking session in Birmingham (post-COVID, all expenses paid). As such, you will need a strong work ethic and be able to work independently and efficiently, with a keen eye for detail.
- Carry out social media marketing services for Code Red’s clients: day-to-day management of their social channels, creative ideation and copywriting, strategy development and performance reporting.
- Provide key account management services commensurate to a leading esports agency to all assigned clients.
- Manage and grow Code Red’s social, and other marketing channels.
- Contribute creatively to pitches, RFPs and marketing materials for Code Red, its clients and potential clients.
- Travel to & carry out face to face meetings with clients and potential clients as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 3-8 years’ social media management experience combined with significant experience within esports/gaming.
- Demonstrable experience growing social media accounts with significant followings.
- Comprehensive understanding of esports, gaming and general entertainment meme culture.
- Understanding of various social media platform “hacks” combined with curiosity to test and learn.
- Passion for content creation, gaming and esports.
- Understanding of social performance metrics and ability to analyze data.
- Highly motivated and proactive: a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent written English.
- Adept with MS Office (particularly Powerpoint).
- A keen eye for detail and pride in presentation.
- Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Basic graphic design ability would be advantageous.
Please include a cover letter with your application, including your salary expectation; if you have a work portfolio please also provide a link to this if available.