Technical UI Artist
Technical UI Artist
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Technical UI Artist to work on our ground-breaking games, including multiplayer space simulator Star Citizen, and our single player experience, Squadron 42.
The Technical UI Artist will assume a vital hands-on role in crafting various user-interfaces that are embedded within our game world. Imagine fully functional, interactive displays on the decks of vast starships, combat displays for fighters, user-interfaces to facilitate mining and trading mechanics, holographic advertisements in futuristic cities, and more.
- Work in close collaboration with our UI design and art teams to formulate implementation strategies for translating design concepts into fully realized user-interfaces in game.
- Participate in early-stage meetings to provide insight into implementation requirements as well as potential challenges in implementing design concepts.
- Work with other teams where needed, such as Art, Audio, and VFX, in order to help build out the full experience for various in-game UI.
- Become proficient in working with our proprietary UI system to implement solutions and be able to mentor others where needed.
- Solicit and provide effective feedback that can help to improve tooling, workflows, and processes within the team.
- At least three years of experience in developing front-facing user-interfaces for any medium including games, mobile and/or web applications.
- A portfolio showcasing user-interfaces that have been worked on, either in the capacity of design and/or development.
- A strong technical skillset, including having worked with various programming, scripting, or markup languages to develop user-interfaces.
- Basic familiarity with agile software development.
- Basic familiarity with version control systems such as Perforce.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get UI in game and working well for the player.
- Good English communication and written skills
- Excellent artistic eye with strong sense of design aesthetics, e.g. branding and theming.
- Proficiency in C++ and/or shader programming.
- Experience developing UI in the context of VR or AR.
- Experience working with node-based scripting systems.
- Experience using After Effects and 3D software such as Cinema 4D or Maya.