Senior Game Designer - Missions
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Mission Designer to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As a Senior Mission Designer, you will be responsible for designing missions, objectives and encounters in line with the project's gameplay and narrative goals. You will work closely with other specializations such as Gameplay, Narrative and Level Design to create unforgettable scenarios.
Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Animation Demo Reel / Portfolio link)
- Take ownership of missions and relevant features such as objective types and sandbox ingredients from pitch to finish.
- Participate in the design of the game's mission structure, pacing and difficulty.
- Play an active role in the implementation of mission content and features, working with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered as intended.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Test the game regularly to iterate on game content.
- AAA development background with at least 2 shipped titles.
- Proven experience designing gameplay and narrative scenarios for a AAA action game, preferably an FPS.
- Solid understanding of player motivation and game design theory.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deep passion for gaming, preferably FPS sandbox games.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Technically-minded and scripting experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!