Junior Network Programmer
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Junior Network Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
Successful applicants will join the team of Network Programmers at our Wilmslow, UK studio. Working in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment you will implement the client/server network functionality of Cloud Imperium's games. Your work will be varied and you will face many exciting challenges at the cutting-edge of online game development. Duties include; networking systems and game features, working on our core network library, integrating the client and server with our backend services, as well as working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers.
- Implement the client/server network functionality
- Networking systems and game features
- Working on our core network library
- Integrating the client and server with our backend services
- Working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers
- Strong C++
- Some understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Some experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Development experience in Windows
- Work well in a cooperative team environment
- Good English verbal and written communication
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- A passion for making and playing games
- FPS/Action/Adventure/Flight-sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products or those with online multiplayer
- CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience
- Some Linux development experience
Due to visa requirements for this specific role, we can only accept applicants that are eligible to work in the EU
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.