At Cloud Imperium Games, we’re currently looking for an Accounts Assistant in the Wilmslow studio (near Manchester). The UK Finance team is responsible for the accounting functions of the group’s European entities whilst providing broader support to the global business. Our Finance team is expanding this year and there’s many new processes and solutions we want to put in place, and you can help contribute to this. We’re also moving to new financial software in the future to improve our support for the overall business.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does an Accounts Assistant at CIG do?
- Processing of transactions for European entities including invoicing, banking and expenses
- Reconcile company multi-currency bank accounts, credit card statements and expenses
- Preparation of month end information including maintenance and reconciliation of ledgers and balance sheets
- Manage accounts payable and perform weekly payment runs, dealing with payment queries and other ad-hoc analysis/projects
- Assist with the production of operational business performance reporting for the core business disciplines
What do we expect from an Accounts Assistant?
- Knowledge of UK GAAP
- Excellent attention to detail is key with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and extensive experience dealing with problem-solving
- Good proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Financial software (QuickBooks and Workday Financials desirable)
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.