Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are seeking a down to earth and creative thinking remote based Programmer, a programmer who can bring their experience and considerable coding talents to our studio, an engineer that we can learn from as well as teach and grow with.
- You will take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines.
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- Experience of the full game development lifecycle.
- Design and content team collaboration experience.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker.
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Maths.
- A real passion for games programming.
- Experience working within a team.
Please don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, and most importantly a link to your GitHub, website or portfolio, it’s very difficult for us to assess your code abilities if you don’t provide us with any.
Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.