To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for talented artists to join our Environment Art team in Warsaw to work on AAA games. As an Environment Artist you will be in charge of creating breathtaking worlds for upcoming projects that millions of players will have dive into.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Participating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/levels in AAA projects
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware
- Cooperating with tech art team setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Concept Artists, Environment Artists and everyone involved in creating locations
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals
- Giving feedback to peers
- Knowledge base for other artists
- At least 6 years of experience working in the video games industry on at least one AAA title
- Excellent skills in one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc.) and Photoshop
- Great sense of scale, proportions, composition
- Good knowledge about color theory and basic lighting techniques.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR)
- Experience with procedural content creation packages is a plus (Substance, Houdini, World Machine)
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent English
- Passion for games!
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.