At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
As a Product Designer you will be immersed in every aspect of the product development process. You will own projects end-to-end–from idea conception, research, and wire-framing, all the way to visual execution, marketing, and development support. Your main focus will be crafting creative, delightful, and intuitive experiences into new features and delivering those to our community–broadcasters and viewers alike. You are the voice that always puts the user first. You constantly look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
What You'll Do
- Design user interfaces and flows that demonstrate a high level of craft and thoughtfulness about the holistic product experience. Explore ideas at high-fidelity from initial concept to a series of pragmatic design deliveries. Present well-rationalized solutions, comfortably discussing pros and cons of any approach.
- Own features and experiences end-to-end. Provide solutions for the ideal case, edge cases and transitional states in your work. Connect your work to product goals and look for new benefits to your solutions along the way. Be the main point of contact and guide for engineering in the path to a high quality user experience.
- Develop, demonstrate and drive design principles and guidelines. Find inventive ways of solving problems while using innovations by teammates, and push your patterns to scale for other uses as well.
- Dedicatedly keep product and engineering informed of design progress and solicit input throughout the journey. Our engineering and product partners provide us with information to help us make better design decisions. Actively engaging them in concept development, iteration, delivery and implementation quality is a key part of this role.
- Delight the user and deliver user value. How will you balance our design principles with our company goals and find creative ways to embody them in the work?
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 5+ years experience working directly with engineers and designers in product design roles. You demonstrate fluency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design and prototyping tools.
- A passionate designer with strong foundations. You've built outstanding consumer products in the past and possess strong visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles.
- You have an affinity for consistency, color-use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. You know when to push the boundaries of the interface guidelines. The details matter, and you are committed to getting it done right!
- An effective communicator. You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You convey your opinions to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise.
- You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You learn through critiques, look at any problem from many angles and always seek an excellent outcome that meets constraints, needs and your high standards.
- You are consistently looking to develop new skills, adopt new tools, and continuously hone your craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.