As a Senior Product Manager at Bungie, you will help define and execute the Seasons and special projects product and commercialization strategy for Destiny 2. You will work on the seasonal product life cycle, using data, insights, user testing, and creative solutions to inform Destiny product development, stoke customer adoption, and deliver commercial success, where each purchase is an expression of our players’ passion for their hobby.
You will help define winning product strategies and execute it with customer and business analysis, and our marketing team to achieve goals-oriented results. You’ll partner closely with the engineering, publishing, and design teams to deliver experiences that our players are excited about and that integrate well into the rest of the core Destiny service.
- Drive product management on Destiny 2 special projects around Seasons from concept and strategic planning through to objectives, development alignment, go-to-market, and customer satisfaction
- Communicate and collaborate with leadership across development and publishing to help us successfully develop plan features best targeted to consumers, support ongoing live efforts, and streamline and improve internal processes
- Partner with Seasons, Commerce, and Engineering team leaderships to prioritize the backlog and roadmaps, maximizing performance through the informed prioritization of innovative features and content that will speak to the live community
- Ensure we build consensus and drive planning and execution such that proposed special projects enhance the full experience
- Provide input and act as a key decision-maker in the concept and validation process of special projects to help steer the product and make sure we are making the right tradeoffs
- Own, track, and report on metrics and KPIs that measure and reflect customer success, driving ongoing initiatives to meet forecast targets
- Build the holistic upsell strategy, drive alignment, and deliver the execution with development teams to ensure engagement and conversion to our projects
- Develop briefs and partner with consumer insights and user research to evaluate and identify key features, and their efficacy
- Deliver consolidated updates on seasonal performance and work closely with publishing teams to showcase the complete picture of our seasonal business
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to inform strategic and business decisions
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives
- Experience managing live games, web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making capabilities
- Good understanding of statistics, hypothesis testing, and scientific methods
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to lead cross-team initiatives across marketing, game development, and team leadership
- Ability to take broader company/franchise goals and distil them into innovative initiatives
- Experience motivating, leading, and inspiring highly skilled teams
- Deep passion for games and ability to analyse and break down the components of what makes a successful live game
- Deep familiarity with Destiny and its online player communities is highly desired, as is experience with games as a service and MMOs
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.