Do you appreciate solid gameplay systems? Are you intrigued by RPG-like systems such as tech trees, crafting, and optimizing character builds for different needs? Would you like to work on awe-inspiring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent at a company that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
In this role you’ll work closely with Design to innovate on gameplay systems that serve as the backbone for unique player experiences (e.g., progression, achievement, customization, social interaction, etc). You’ll learn to work within our engine, expanding its capabilities and crafting incredible player experiences. Most importantly, you’ll work with a fun and energetic team dedicated to improving our craft across the discipline.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new technology, including forays beyond the core C++ engine (e.g., C++/C# scalable online services)
- Extend and enhance the gameplay systems that drive Destiny 2
- Experience building and supporting systemic gameplay features such as itemization, crafting, economy, rewards, abilities, progression, retention, etc.
- Professional game development experience in C++
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to build features and achieve goals
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms, performance, data structures, etc)
- Experience working with scalable online services
- Experience working with modern console architectures and multi-platform systems
- Willing to manage or mentor other engineers
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.