Senior Game Services Engineer / Commercialization
Do you take pride in your ability to understand exactly what a customer wants and deliver it to them in a clear, smooth and reliable manner? Are you excited to take on new and diverse challenges, from UI to databases to web services? Are you willing and able to engage directly with development customers and facilitate smooth development, gathering requirements, obtaining feedback, and iterating on new and old systems until they are polished and delightful? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that values diversity and jealously guards work-life balance?
As a Senior Investment Engineer on the Commercialization team you will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and evolving the way we communicate with players to showcase Destiny’s core products and offerings. You will draw upon your skills to connect in-game interactions with backend services while simultaneously ensuring the best possible player experience. Additionally, you’ll bring a passion for growing the skills and capabilities of engineering peers and more junior staff.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Plan and develop robust, scalable, secure, and maintainable client and backend code
- Collaborate with business, UI, design, and other teams in order to create the best possible technical solutions
- Invent, extend, and maintain commercialization features, workflows and tools
- Directly manage 1-2 engineers; provide support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience managing other engineers
- Experience managing technical projects
- Experience working on large scale client-server systems
- Strong C++/C# skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Prior experience in the games industry
- Prior experience with developing and maintaining an online storefront
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working in Agile software development (Scrum, Lean, Less, etc.)