Build a Rocket Boy Kft. is looking for an experienced and innovative HR Manager to join our team in Budapest, Hungary. This role will be an HR and talent partner for the Budapest team as well as also being able to assist in Global HR projects and initiatives across all BARB studios. The position will have reporting lines to the Studio Head as well as the Head of People.
- Serve as a partner to the team by helping to create supportive and innovative HR programs to suit the team’s initiatives.
- Will be a member of the studio operations and leadership team.
- Manage, facilitate, and optimize HR services such as on-boarding, employee communications, organizational development, training, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, and leadership coaching.
- Support studio recruitment pipeline
- Monitor the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values.
- Proactively identify problem areas and propose solutions, both within the Budapest studio being supported and within global HR.
- Provide coaching to management and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans.
- Implement human resources policies and ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Participate in strategy sessions with the global operations and HR team on policy, and HR practices.
- Ensure HR transactional needs are met for the studio being supported.
- A minimum of 5+ years of HR business partner / talent partner experience
- Proven record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees (senior management, first level managers, and line level employees)
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with HR and specialist teams (talent acquisition, payroll, etc.) as well as business partners
- Proven success utilizing employee engagement and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth, start-up company environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and achievement oriented with an ability to work independently
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent English skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, publishing, or gaming company
- Experience in Bamboo HRIS, Greenhouse ATS and Workday
- Demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong background in Hungarian employment law
- Experience working in an HR department for entertainment or technology companies
- A passion for video game
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.