BBTV Interactive is a creator-centric mobile game publisher with a focus on developing titles for highly-engaged audiences. We are uniquely positioned to leverage our vast network of creators to launch profitable games without relying on a traditional User Acquisition model. We've published some of the highest-rated games on the Google Play and Apple App store (we are one of the top 25 publishers in the world by app store review scores) for some of the largest creators in the world. Our most recent launch, Krew Eats, became the #1 most downloaded game on iPad in the US and 10 other countries within 24 of launch.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative 2D animator to collaborate with our talented developers to animate characters, props, UI, and other assets that enhance the overall game play experience. You need to be proactive, self-driven, and passionate about delivering beautiful and fluid animations.
- Enhance overall game play experience through the creation of 2D animations for stylized characters and props
- Focus on 2D effect animation and asset creation while also being involved in other stages of game art creation
- Create animations and effects for UI elements, including icons, pop-ups, buttons, backgrounds, and menus
- Develop storyboards and mood boards that clearly communicate the intended results and flow
- Collaborate with the engineers/tech artists to create 2D Particle FX in Unity
- Edit animated assets in Unity and other software
- Collaborate with game programmers on finding design and implementation solutions for visual effects
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Two years of experience as animator
- Familiar with both bone and sprite sheet animation styles
- Proven ability to animate both characters and props
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Adept at implementing assets within the Unity Game Engine
- Familiar with graphic design, illustration, and visual arts
- Strong knowledge of digital visualization tools (i.e. Dragon Bones, Spine, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Capable of working through the entire animation pipeline from conception and storyboarding to final polishing and implementation
- A keen eye for color harmonies, lighting, perspective, and materials
- Demonstrated ability to use processes and methods for optimizing assets for mobile devices
- Basic video editing skills are a plus
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
Our state-of-the-art open-concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work and play. From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the third-largest video property on the planet (behind only Google and Facebook) and have built digital networks alongside the likes of the NBA and The Huffington Post. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let’s talk!
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.