Senior Software Engineer, Personalization
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Global Insights team to help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences. We are developing data-driven services to provide engaging experiences to our players. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with a team of engineers to build large scale data services and features.
- Debug issues in a production environment across multiple levels of the stack.
- Communicate effectively with the team and stakeholders.
- Promote a positive engineering and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience building back-end data services, API's, or Microservices in production.
- Strong track record leading and releasing large software projects or features
- Fluent in Java, with solid recent experience (Java 8 preferably)
- Solid knowledge of various relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Enjoy and have experience building API's.
- Passionate about working with analytics systems and/or data models.
- Passion for gaming.
- Cover Letter preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!