Senior Software Engineer, (Angular), Service Tech
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented senior software engineer experienced in Angular development to help us design, implement, and maintain web applications for customer support. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other software engineers to provide the most epic customer support experience, both for our players and our Game Masters.
You will contribute to the Blizzard Support web site and our proprietary customer support software that Game Masters use to deliver an epic support experience. The software you write will integrate with services from game development and platform teams at Blizzard so that our players and Game Masters can resolve any issue they encounter. Our team loves Blizzard games, and we care deeply about ensuring everyone can fully enjoy our games; if you do too, then this is the team for you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement innovative solutions to deliver an epic support experience to Blizzard customers and Game Masters (customer support representatives)
- Provide technical leadership across Service Technologies with respect to front-end web development
- Collaborate and communicate with business analysts, designers, producers, and partner team members throughout the development process
- Diagnose and resolve live operations issues, occasionally during non-traditional work hours
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Mentor junior engineers across Service Technologies
- Surface knowledge of C# and/or Java
- Significant experience developing web applications using the Angular framework
- Strong knowledge of current web development trends and a passion to stay current
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Minimum of three years of professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard games, applications, and services
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with observability, analytics, and reporting solutions
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!