Senior Level Designer - Overwatch
Blizzard entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Level Designer. The position involves building our next spaces in PvE and PVP, prototyping, interface with other departments, implement missions and game modes as well as create levels of their own in our proprietary game engine. The person in this position will work closely with game designers and artists and keep everyone involved that are directly or indirectly connected to you craft.
- Crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition forms memorable experiences.
- Collaborating with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design.
- Collaborating with other Level Designers to define and refine level layouts, creating an engaging, fun, and polished level design.
- Working closely with the narrative and the art group to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually aligned with OW art fantasy.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels.
- 5+ years’ experience working on AAA productions focused on the area of Level Design.
- Proven success in creating varied, memorable levels.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
Knowledge & Skills
- Very good understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in multiplayer co-op & pvp area.
- Ability to create map layouts at all stages – from simple sketches to fully functional levels in an existing game engine
- Some experience in a form of scripting or programming.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities.
Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with FPS and online multiplayer elements
Knowledge & Skills:
- Some general knowledge in art or architecture or civil engineering is a plus.
- Passion for Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.