Senior Game Producer, Engineering - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft Development team is seeking a full-time Senior Producer to help us continue to shape the future of Azeroth. We need someone that can collaborate with a team of amazing developers to turn our ambitious ideas into epic experiences for our players.
In this role, you will partner with Engineering Leads, developers, and other producers to establish timelines, track and balance workloads, and help our team maintain its commitment to quality. Our producers bring a critical element to the development process by coordinating with individuals of all disciplines, fostering effective and open communication across the teams, and directing features from inception to launch.
Every voice matters with the World of Warcraft team and we are eager for yours to join us in discussing and solving the exciting challenges that come with developing the most critically acclaimed MMO franchise in the world.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Motivate and support to your team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Guide the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and process improvement across all departments
- Own the day-to-day tasking and scheduling for engineering teams and gameplay features
- Effectively communicate with developers of all disciplines
- Identify roadblocks and project risks and be involved in finding solutions
- Promotes and contributes to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Collaborate with team leadership and other producers to keep teams moving toward a shared vision
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people
- Work with team leads to make decisions on priorities, development pipelines, work methodologies, and resource allocation
- Facilitate team and department meetings to reach decisions effectively
- Mentor others in production skills and techniques
- 5+ years of experience in game production or project management
- Familiar with game development processes and pipelines
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to remove ambiguities in communications and planning by refining them with more detail
- Interest in video games
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Passion for game development and MMO games
- Significant knowledge of World of Warcraft gameplay and systems
- Experience with software engineering
- Experience with development on a live product