Outsource Supervisor, Animation - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…artists? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Animation Supervisor to join the Overwatch 2 art team in Irvine, California. This is a position requiring hands on direction, management, and engine integration of a range of assets including characters, weapons and props.
Do you have strong animation direction and leadership skills? Are you able to manage, art direct, and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors? Are you an experienced and flexible animator that is comfortable in communicating feedback clearly, as well as put final touches on animations before implementing final assets in game? If yes, then this may be a phenomenal fit for you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to external animators and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal animation teams
- Help create and maintain the personality of new and established hero’s directly by creating in game animations alongside supervisory duties
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of animation asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors
- Own the quality control over all incoming animation assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor to deliver quality assets to the development team
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Work closely with the animation lead, senior animation supervisor, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets and costs for animation assets
- Ability to level up animation ability of 3rd party Vendors through clear and consistent teaching
- Coordinate with the outsource manager and producers to schedule and track incoming assets
- Identify and research possible vendors
- Experience in game animation asset creation in Maya
- Strong action and acting animation experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player able to excel in a collaborative environment
- Understanding of the visual style of Overwatch and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console title as an animator
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in a lead animator or teaching role
- Love of the world and characters of Overwatch
Recommended Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.