Manager, Marketing Technology
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Marketing Technology leader to deliver innovative MarTech & AdTech solutions for Global Growth Marketing. As the Manager, Marketing Technology leader, you will be tasked with improving the way we do marketing by driving exceptional marketing technology product & platform strategy. In this role, you will be the technology owner for growth marketing ad technology and CRM platforms, providing leadership and hands-on expertise blending the technology strategist, solutions architect, and platform administration skillsets.
The ideal candidate has proven experience collaborating across matrixed technology teams and departments and has strong marketing product knowledge. You will be a technology-focused marketer who can identify, architect, evangelize and implement technical solutions across the marketing and ad tech stack.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
The Marketing Technology Manager will be responsible for:
- Define, own, and evangelize a multi-year marketing & ad technology strategy and roadmap for growth marketing
- Proactively identify industry changes that impact the business, industry, or tech stack; keeping teams up to date with product updates, and new digital technology trends
- Prioritize product features based on business value
- Conduct vendor evaluations and make solution recommendations to leadership
- Provide expert guidance on the use of marketing, advertising, and CRM related technology
- Define and direct deployment of the technology architecture for marketing platforms
- Be the mobile marketing solutions architect partnering with mobile game dev teams to define and architect mobile marketing & advertising in-game systems and platforms
- Partner closely with Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Protection, Legal and Marketing teams to ensure tools are used appropriately
- Integrate 1st party data for audience development and syndication to platforms for buying team to execute campaigns
System Administration Configuration Management
- Serve as system administrator & manage configuration for the digital marketing applications.
- Execute and/or leads a team that manages site and campaign tracking requirements through tools such as Google Campaign Manager
- Hands-on execution and/or leads a team that manages the day to day administration, support, maintenance, and operations of our digital marketing infrastructure
MarTech / AdTech Subject Matter Expert
- Provide expertise to the team related to ad platforms, CDPs, MMPs, and CRM platforms
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the digital marketing stack and the primary contact for questions related to marketing technology application, implementation, and usage.
- Be the subject matter expert on marketing data governance, privacy, and compliance
- A minimum of 3-5+ years leadership experience working in a marketing/ad technology role; within the gaming/entertainment industry or a performance marketing function at an agency
- Experience designing and implementing Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Ad Serving & Measurement infrastructure, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Experience building and maintaining APIs & ETL processes at an enterprise level
- Strong programming and prototyping skills
- Familiarity with SQL, MPP, and NoSQL databases
- Strong written and spoken communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in a technical field, quantitative, or marketing field
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with media planning, execution, and measurement. Agency experience a plus.
- Familiar with Big Data, Google Marketing Platform, and Google Cloud platforms
- Experience with managing an MMP (preferably Appsflyer)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or Qlikview
- MS Degree or higher a plus
- Knowledge of ticketing systems (e.g., JIRA, etc.)