Lead Mission Designer, Overwatch
Job Title: Lead Mission Designer, Overwatch
Requisition ID: R002997
The Overwatch team is looking for a lead mission designer to help shape the future of Overwatch! You have more than 10 years of experience in game design and mission design You are passionate for first person shooters and are ready to lead the mission team by example. You will direct the mission team to share ideas, collaborate, and “find the fun” in an iterative fashion. You can champion the vision of Overwatch 2 and build a strong team environment dedicated to making fun and memorable missions.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Coordinate with leadership to set high-level direction on mission design
- Communicate project vision to the team and to other stakeholders
- Champion the voice of the player within the development team
- Oversee the development of content from inception through release
- Collaborate with all development disciplines to ensure missions meets Blizzard’s quality bar
- Work with the production team to set development priorities and the project schedule
- Provide mentorship and career growth for designers
- Champion the game to the team, the company, and the community
- Absolute passion for Blizzard games and First person-shooters
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in game design, including experience leading cross-functional development teams on shipped products
- Experience managing and providing mentorship for other designers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive content design experience including creatively owning complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Advanced education in creative or technical field of study
- Experience in designing cooperative and/or player vs. player experiences
- Knowledgeable about online gameplay and first-person shooters
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.