Lead Level Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced lead level designer to help us build amazing worlds for our players to play in! This is your chance to be shape the vision a new, exciting, unannounced Blizzard project.
This position will involve overseeing the creative design, layout, and technical construction of gameplay spaces in the world. The ideal candidate will be an experienced level designer with extremely strong communication skills, experience creating 3D spaces, and a strong visual aesthetic. We are looking for someone who knows how to build levels that are both fun to play in and beautiful to behold.
In addition, we expect candidates to have great people skills, boundless creativity, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- 6+ years of professional experience designing levels in 3D space.
- Experience with visual world building in modern engines and level editing pipelines.
- A good sense of composition, design, storytelling, and aesthetics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to give detailed and constructive feedback.
- Leadership experience.
- Absolute passion for playing and making games.
- Experience working in a co-development environment.
- Experience developing for mobile titles.
- Experience playing Blizzard games.
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- A resume, which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work. Your portfolio should include visual examples of game spaces that you have created, with callouts indicating specific contributions that you made to the space.
- A cover letter, which must include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- Games you are currently playing.