Associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Hearthstone
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development?
Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
- Ensure small scale tasks are completed with minimal supervision
- Report game-level bugs found by automation, raising visibility when necessary
- Create stories and implement fixes for T5QAE tests and framework when bugs are discovered
- Develop automated test cases within the T5QAE framework
- Develop, under guidance, medium scale framework improvements
- Build knowledge of team responsibilities and the gain the ability to support the team in a junior level generalist position
- Collaborate with SDET Lead and mid-level engineer to identify opportunities for contribution and growth
- Working knowledge of C# and Python
- Working knowledge of continuous integration processes and tools (ex. Jenkins)
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills and knowledge of coding best practices
- Strong technical communication skills
- Strong desire to grow and increase responsibility over time
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with Version Control Systems, Perforce Helix preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with our business. We offer generous benefits and perks while providing a true life and work balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our team is everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. We are ever striving to improve ourselves, our product, and our customer's experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.