Senior Analyst - Studio Data and Insights
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. We are hiring a Senior Analyst at our Austin studio as part of our Studio Data and Insights team. Reporting to an Analytics Manager, you will partner with developers across our portfolio of titles to lead impactful analysis with relevant takeaways for the team. You will be successful in this role if you can use statistical skills, research methodologies, and/or data analysis to answer questions about user behavior. If this sounds exciting we should talk!
What a Senior Analyst does at BioWare:
Our team strives to be the voice of the player by providing insights from a rich landscape of gameplay data. As a trusted source of information, your findings will be shared directly with teams from diverse disciplines in settings ranging from 1:1 chats up to studio-wide presentations. In addition to working with our studio partners at BioWare, you will have opportunities to collaborate and share with other data experts among the larger data analytics community at EA. As a team of analysts and researchers, we understand how important teaching, learning, and growth are.
- Champion analytics projects from the conceptual stages through communication of results and recommendations
- Use player data to perform behavioral analysis, clustering analysis, predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, and more
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to establish the data needed from a game to understand how players engage with its features and systems
- Provide direction to junior analysts to ensure quality, clarity, and development of their analytics skills
- Develop dashboards and visualizations to provide a monitor for important game features and business health
- 3+ years of experience applying quantitative/statistical methods to produce insights from data
- Experience presenting technical findings to audiences with varying backgrounds
- SQL proficiency and the ability to extract data from large data sources with differing structures
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool (such as R or Python) to perform analysis
- Experience building clear, user-friendly data visualizations, tables, and dashboards
- Familiarity with version control and reproducible research best practices
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.