Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Technical Artist, you will…
- Provide guidance for the art teams to create performant and PBR compliant game art
- Create tools to support artist’s work and assets integration in the game engine
- Define budgets and create technical art guidelines
- Troubleshoot and address performance issues in the game
- Write documentation and collaborate with other teams
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have 3+ years’ experience in the video game industry in a similar role
- You have in-depth knowledge of PBR workflows
- You are highly proficient with modern art content pipelines including 3dsMax (Maya is a plus), ZBrush and Substance Painter (Designer is plus)
- You possess good knowledge of Python/MAXScript and experience developing tools for Maya/3dsMax
- You are experienced in developing games targeting low-end devices (mobile, VR, Switch, MMO…)
- You have experience with Unity
- You have experience creating 3D assets (modeling, UVs, texturing)
- You are comfortable with different art styles
- You have experience with shader coding and/or node-based shading editors
- You are comfortable with procedural content creation (Houdini)
- You have experience skinning and rigging
- You can model characters
- You have experience with VFX creation