NOC Systems Administrator
Bethesda Softworks is looking for a NOC System Administrator that will have a high sense of urgency and passion for fighting fires! As the front line supporting the online gaming experience your mission will be to ensure the game services are available, fast, and any issues get resolved as quickly as possible. You will be the center of all communications and key to the success of our products. NOC Systems Administrators work in a fast-paced environment and coordinate solutions across multiple teams and studios. This position will be highly focused on service impacts/outages but there will also be opportunities to assist engineering teams with projects.
- Work with vendors and other departments to ensure services and stable and available.
- Ensure our customers always have access to world class gaming experience
- Resolve 80% of incidents without escalation
- Experience troubleshooting in large Linux and Cloud environments
- Monitor server and system health to ensure availability
- Work with partners and vendors to drive and improve process accuracy
- Manage incidents and engage stakeholders to minimize service impacts
- 2+ years of previous UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- Minimum 1 year of NOC or help-desk experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, public facing communications, and interacting positively with upper management
- Familiarity with administrative work on Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands basic network routing and able to troubleshoot connections through command line interfaces
- Familiarity with configuration management software; such as Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with systems monitoring/alerting software; such as Shinken, Splunk, New Relic
- Familiarity with ITIL fundamentals and application
- Support for online gaming and/or MMO experience preferred