Engine & Systems Programmer
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the “Applicant Privacy Notice” section below, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through this job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS JOB, SHARING THIS JOB OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE , WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW.
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for talented Engine Programmers to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. Programmers will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers to implement and optimize game features.
- Writes clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code;
- Plans and designs code in collaboration with team members;
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks;
- Supports and maintains existing systems;
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude;
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule;
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support;
- Review codes from other team members.
- 7+ years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience;
- Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems;
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability;
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability;
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization;
- Experience with game editor plugins/modification;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for making GREAT games;
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games.
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming;
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4).