Technical Art Director
The Technical Art Director manages and oversees the art production process. You will work constantly with the Artistic Director, the Lead Artist, the artists, and the other directors on the project. Your expertise and advice will guide the decisions that will drive visual quality in our games.
You have a deep understanding of integration and the production pipeline and are able to make technical decisions for all artistic disciplines.
You have worked on several other games, successfully combining the art and technical aspects. You are motivated to find the best solutions, and you have the required leadership to convince artists to adopt an optimal production methodology.
In this role, you will:
- Understand art direction and oversee its development within the current production process;
- Define the technical constraints of art production in the project;
- Automate tasks and improve processes to simplify production;
- Suggest and guide the development of best practices, solutions, and tools;
- Promote the reuse of resources, know-how, and tools;
- Constantly push the edge of technology;
- Foster good communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Assess the impact of rendering methods on performance;
- Help assess costs associated with art production;
- Validate external software used by the different art teams.
What we're looking for:
- 10 years’ experience in 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and special effects for video games, at least 5 in a technical position;
- Advanced experience with realtime and precalculated lighting;
- Knowledge of Python (CG and HLSL an asset);
- Advanced experience with Maya and Substance (Blender and 3ds Max an asset);
- Mandatory production experience with Unreal and/or Unity;
- Understanding of the rendering process in different platforms;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English.