Associate Brand Manager
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America is searching for an Associate Brand Manager candidate to plan and develop marketing strategies and positioning and execute all phases of marketing, including but not limited to strategic planning, positioning, creative development, promotions, and PR coordination for retail and digital game releases. The Associate Brand Manager will liaise with product development studios and global marketing teams to work effectively, cross-functionally and cross-departmentally, to maximize profitability of bottom-line efforts, and to ensure transparency of process and progress amongst appropriate stakeholders in the project management cycle. The Associate Brand Manager will be expected to coordinate with other regional teams to ensure a unified and single global brand product launch program and own the implementation and execution of integrated marketing plans.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute world-class integrated marketing campaigns. Drive the process of strategic positioning, competitive analysis, and marketing products across console & digital platforms.
- Create and manage budgets and provide oversight for individual P&Ls for assigned product(s). Track and report marketing expenses against defined budget. Negotiate pricing of creative and other services with vendors and agencies and ensure budget conformity.
- Manage and direct internal resources and external agencies/vendors to successfully navigate all phases of product marketing including, but not limited to all planning & project timelines related to creative development (including packaging/POP/POS), advertising, public relations, social media, special events, and trade and consumer promotions
- Effectively manage projects and track product sales throughout their lifecycle to maximize profitability
- Evaluate and monitor paid media campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics such as CPC, traffic, conversions, and ROI/ROAS goals
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities for products and develop related product plans
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice
- Work effectively with internal cross-functional teams including Community, Public Relations, Channel Marketing, Digital, Operations, Web & CRM, Product Development & Sales to insure seamless integration and execution of our global marketing campaigns
- Strategize on the growth of BANDAI NAMCO’s portfolio of original IP and licensed anime branded games and partner with licensors and key industry collaborators
- Support the Sales team with marketing sales presentations and key product assets
- Support Events team for key industry, retail and consumer conferences and shows
- 3+ years of experience in video game marketing, entertainment product marketing, or equivalent experience with the ability to innovate in marketing campaigns and to apply broader perspective to responsibilities strongly desired
- Extensive knowledge or interest in video gaming, interactive entertainment industry and/or Japanese animation is a plus
- Proven track record of successful marketing project management and managing P&L statements for products
- Background and knowledge of marketing fundamentals including positioning, strategic planning, market analysis, advertising and PR
- Experience with digital marketing across web, console, and social including working with online/digital marketplaces, developing digital content strategies, executing launches of supportive and standalone digital releases
- Have knowledge of and expertise in online marketing platforms including SEM, SEO, and analyzing and interpreting data from Google Analytics and other Analytics solutions
- Experience in working successfully with social media channels and editorial personnel in conjunction with executing PR and community plans
- Thorough understanding of sales and channel marketing within the video game industry, as well as experience marketing and launching digital products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and presentation skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task complex projects
- Strong team player who works with internal and external partners effectively
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in Marketing, Sales, Finance and/or Business or equivalent work experience in the video game industry
- MBA a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®.