Product Marketing Manager
Founded in 2018, Bad Robot Games is the gaming arm of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars), on a mission to build gaming destinations across all media and platforms that are as fun to watch as they are to play. We are a constantly evolving, remote-friendly game development & publishing house represented by a diverse mix of humans, enabling us to make games where all players can see themselves.
Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our games industry veterans, film and TV colleagues, and our extensive network of talent to create expansive worlds and stories.
We have incredible investors (Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq) who believe in Bad Robot Games’ ability to deliver on our promise to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our family. You are a creative and strategic thinker fueled by collaboration and empowerment. Are you ready?
- Create, lead and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention plans in close collaboration with internal and external partners across all publishing and studio disciplines
- Manage the marketing and communication timelines, driving alignment across all our owned, earned, and paid channels
- Be a brand expert to ensure all marketing touchpoints are on-brand and on-voice
- Brief and manage external and internal partners to deliver high-performing creative marketing executions.
- Develop the brand strategy, including positioning, key messaging, and visual identity that will stand out in the marketplace
- Work with agencies and UA partners to test and optimize creative executions to maximize marketing and campaign goals.
- Identify KPIs and measure the effectiveness of campaigns and implement improvements where necessary.
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, platform requirements, and competitor marketing practices and capabilities.
- Help define and manage the marketing budget for this game and maximize the effectiveness of campaigns within budget.
- Synthesize marketing initiatives, insights, and viewpoints into C-level strategy materials for senior leadership teams.
- Develop and lead day-to-day relationships with co-marketing opportunities, licensing partners, and platform partners.
- Three or more years experience in the game industry in product marketing
- Strong UA experience preferred
- Proven track record building brands and audiences and successfully bringing them to market
- Excellent communication and project management skills to manage workflows across multiple internal and external teams.
- Ability to analyze game and marketing KPIs, interpret data, and drive recommendations
- Strong creative leadership skills to steward the Bad Robot Games vision and inspire out-of-the-box creative thinking.
- Passion for gaming with a start-up mentality, willing to step into any marketing execution role to help launch games that become globally recognizable brands
Bad Robot Games Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) program
- 100% paid Medical / dental / vision, life, and employee assistance program
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Social impact programming, education, and awareness offering via Good Robot
Distributed Team and Remote Friendly:
- It’s 2021, games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
Funded, but Independent:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, we have incredible investors who believe in the future of storytelling in games and our ability to deliver on that promise.