Technical Level Designer
Avalanche Studios Group and its Expansive Worlds division are looking for a highly motivated Technical Level Designer to join our team to work on an unannounced project. The team is moderately sized which will give you fantastic opportunities to influence the end product alongside you pushing the boundaries of your discipline.
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
As a Technical Level Designer you will be responsible for scripting events, experiences and systems inside of open-worlds to craft immersive and interactive locations.You’ll be hands on with the Apex Engine and its editor using visual scripting, working collaboratively with Environmental Artists and Mission Designers to deliver worlds that balance visuals and gameplay requirements equally.
You will also work closely with other teams to realise the vision of the game, acting as a conduit to facilitate the needs of the many interacting systems such as Audio, VFX & AI that overlap with level design.
- 3+ years of games industry experience, ideally having worked on an open-world title.
- A deep understanding of visual scripting, with demonstrable examples of work in this area.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of open world game design, and how systemic systems function in sandbox environments.
- Be able to utilise constructive feedback and/or data effectively to iterate and balance systems.
- Highly proficient with 3D level design tools.
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving, ideally with some basic coding experience.
- The ability to work closely with other departments, with an understanding of dependencies and associated workflows to collaborate on overlapping systems.
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate ideas and requirements clearly to stakeholders.
- Experience with various game engines, editors and their workflows.
- Passion for making and playing games.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.