Senior Technical Artist
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Avalanche Studios New York is looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist with specialized experience towards rendering pipelines to work on the development of high-profile projects for consoles and PC. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels of the technical art side in general, and with an edge in realtime rendering features. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors to help manage, research and evolve the art content creation pipelines and act as a liaison between the artists and programmers.
As an employee of Avalanche Studios, you will work in an environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
- 5+ years’ experience and shipped titles as a Technical Artist in the game industry, potentially supporting years from pre rendered industries
- Strong knowledge of current 3D rendering principles and shaders
- Strong understanding of HDR content and rendering pipelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance
- Expert knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with pre rendering pipelines
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- A solid foundation in traditional art
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our New York office. To apply for this position please register below. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
New York Studio
It's the Greatest City in the World, and we're smack down in the middle of it! Since 2011, we have been making games in the one place everyone told us we couldn't. We love it here; our studio is located in a bright, open and airy custom-designed space spanning 20,000 square feet and offering a wide arrange of amenities - not to mention the views. You’ll never forget where you are.