Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Systemic Reaction are hiring a passionate and highly motivated Gameplay Animator for our studio in Stockholm, Sweden. As a Gameplay Animator you’ll be breathing life into otherwise inanimate characters and making memorable performances. The ideal candidate has experience with character and creature animation, feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels, working together with other disciplines to own future animation on one of our live games.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an instrumental and leading role in a small but senior team working on an exciting and typically Avalanche style game. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly!
You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed animation skills and creative problem solving to contribute to our project on many levels.
The ideal candidate has experience with character animation, on both organic characters (humans) and inorganic characters (i.e. robots). As a Gameplay Animator you will contribute on many levels, both to the game and the company as a whole, working together with all other members of the team to make content that you (and we) will be proud of.
- Min. 3 years of experience working as an Animator in the games industry
- Experienced in using Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Strong skills animating both human (in first and 3rd person, with weapons), and scary robotic characters
- Strong understanding of gameplay animation systems and branching
- Autonomous, able to start tasks and see them through, while being your own biggest critic to achieve the highest level of quality possible
- Accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Good communication skills and experience from working in a team environment
- Experience with Motion-Capture data, both in polish and enhancement
- Animation, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends ideally an avid gamer!
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm studio.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.