Senior Game Designer - Generalist
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Game Designer with a passion for online games to work on Guild Wars 2. Candidates must have extensive game playing experience across a wide variety of game genres and be proficient in designing and maintaining content for a live game. An ideal candidate would also have experience in systems design. For information about our team and products, please visit our website.
WHAT YOU'LL DO include the following.
Design, implement and maintain new systems and features for Guild Wars 2
- Design and implement new and exciting content and systems for Guild Wars 2
- Maintain and revise existing game content and systems
- Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate with artists, programmers and other members of the design team
- Work with UI/UX to help players better understand Guild Wars 2’s many systems
- Mentor other designers on developing design skills
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ Years of professional experience as a game designer
- Experience in open world Content design, preferably on a live game
- Experience in Systems design a plus
- Experience with scripting languages
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Creative writing ability
- Familiarity with Word and Excel