(Closed) Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
Archetype is seeking a Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. In this role, your primary focus will be to build the automation and testing software for the game. We will use visually impactful reports, that you build, to help us make informed decisions about bug fixes, performance and gameplay systems. Ultimately, the work you do will have a large impact on the Quality of our game!
What You’ll Do
- Build automation tools that will enhance our QA process.
- Implement metrics to analyze test data and improve faulty tests.
- Build reporting solutions that can expose test data, build health, and possible risks in an easily digestible way.
- Learn and share the best automation and testing methodologies.
What You’ll Bring
- 2 years of experience with software testing methodologies and implementations.
- 2 years developing games or applications in a professional environment.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, C++, or Python.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal, or Unity.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
- Outstanding debugging and problem-solving skills with an ability to review logs and identify issues.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.